CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

In the Here and Now...As Long as it is Still Called Today

Christmas...2008

This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad IN it. Psalm 118:24.


People have asked.."How was your Christmas?" My response...It was better than I expected. That seems so strange to say. Was I expecting Christmas to NOT be good? Well...sort of. And isn't that what gets us tied up, sometimes? Our expectations?
Moving out of our house on the 21st (totally interrupting my baking, wrapping, shopping, cooking and decorating) and also facing some unknown variables at one of my family Christmases, put me on guard. But God is faithful, He delivered and by His spirit, reminded me that Christmas is the culmination of Advent. The coming of the Messiah. And it portends His second Coming for which we eagerly wait.


Christmas was beautiful...we had snow, great food, grandparents, presents, hugs, choir, (sniff sniff). But best of all...we have Jesus.
It's entirely up to God and His timing...but more than likely we will be in Ethiopia next Christmas. No Dessert Night, no hanging with my choir buddies, no cookie making in The Tucker's giant kitchen, no unexpected gingerbread house parties, no post-Christmas desert trip. No watching the Chargers beat the snot out of Denver...oh sorry...I digress. It was getting a little maudlin.
What will Christmas be like in Ethiopia? Do they celebrate it the same way? At the same time? Will I be able to bake with the kids? Have a tree? Get presents? Will it really matter?...I am not sure. I have a dear friend who would have LOVED to spend Christmas in Africa. Will I feel the same way?


Well, for this year....I got to spend this day here. With my family and friends...doing things I love to do (except the moving part). I guess that is what is meant by "Live in the here and now". THIS is the day...
Tim, Juliette and Elise troubleshooting the iPod
Aunt Jervaun and Jordan
Tony, Diana, Dad, Jervaun and Rhonda
Timmy and Mommy
With my mom
Steve and Diana Ross
Kids by the tree...Christmas morning

Christmas Eve
Tim and his dad, Earl...note the toupee on Tim

Jervaun and Tim's Mom, Lynette

Roberta, Earl, Timmy, Jen and a Nerf Gun

Cousins and Buds!

Bringin' home the tree on December 23rd!!!!!


0 comments: