CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 5, 2009

The kids entertaining themselves.
My bed with my WOTC Quilt. Now one of my most treasured posessions.

Ethiopian Ladder. Ephrim and Tim tring to get me more light
in the kitchen to scare the crawlers away. Didn't work :(

I got a really sweet compliment the other day. It was something along the lines of “no matter where you are living, you always make such a nice home for your family.” It came from the one who set the example: my Mom.

We are settling in…with only two pieces of furniture (beds and mattresses), a stove, a fridge, and a washing machine (that does not work yet), we are slowly making our home in Addis Ababa. We do school and eat on a blanket in the living room (absolutely no eating in the bedroom, we don’t want bugs up there!) I have cooked a few meals, but there are no California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizzas, everything is made from scratch. I did find some Cup-a-Soup though…cream of tomato. That and garlic bread…there’s lunch. Clean up the kitchen…time to start dinner.



1 comments:

Marty said...

Inch by Inch. Soon it will feel like home. The windows where the kids are entertaining themselves are lovely.