CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Arriving in Addis Day 1

The following will be an attempt at a chronological pictoral recap of our trip through Ethiopia. After a late night arrival in Addis and a marginally good night's rest at the A@t guest house, the kids were up bright and early for our voyage down to the Shashamene/Awassa area via Alem Tena (3 hour drive).

Every transition had this massive loading and unloading of the van. Gabre, our driver, really earned his keep in this manner!
Our first stop was a quick visit to the office in Addis to drop off some luggage and a quick pic with Hibret who became a fast friend and our 'guide' for the trip.

And first things first, a Coke Light. Not always accessible in Ethiopia, but I now know of a few key places where I can get my fix!!! They will have a regular customer. Note the ridiculously happy grin on my face!
Next up: Alem Tena school on the Road to Shashamene.

1 comments:

the jackson 4 said...

My prayers for you were answered! I was wondering how I was going to get diet coke to you!